Speak to a licensed sales agent! 1-855-564-8078

Have Insurance, Will Travel

If your passport is filled with stamps, you speak multiple languages, or you don’t think of a credit card when someone says the word “visa,” you are probably a seasoned traveler. While there are probably a lot of things that you are prepared for on your travels, there are probably some things that you have not considered. Most common, do you have the appropriate life insurance for your travels?
While we are confident that, as a responsible adult, you already have life insurance, do you know if your policy covers you should something happen while you are out of the country? Not all term life insurance covers you should the worst happen in a different country.
As a seasoned traveler, you are probably familiar with Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) policies that you can get when you fly commercially. But, did you know that AD&D can cover more than just airline accidents? It’s true. If you were to be in an accident that results in the loss of eyesight, speech, hearing, limb or life, a proper AD&D policy will cover your needs.
While AD&D policy can help supplement your term insurance while you are overseas, it is important to review your current policies to ensure you are covered in foreign countries. If you are out of the United States on a frequent or extended basis, it is important that your policies cover a non-accidental death outside the country. Make sure that you consult your insurance agent, as they will be better able to tell you if you have any limitations or “gaps” in your coverage that you really need to be aware of.
If you need to purchase Term Life Insurance that covers you when you are off on another foreign adventure, it is best to compare companies through an independent insurance agency, like SelectQuote, who will help you find the policy that gets you the most coverage for the best price. Regardless of whether you are out of the United States or curled up on your couch at home.

Comments are closed.