33,561 people in the US were killed in car crashes in 2012, according to the most recent study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. No matter how safe a driver you may be, your fate on the road partially depends on your fellow drivers. Thatâ€™s why it pays to know just how safe Ââ€“ or how dangerous â€“Â a city is from a driverâ€™s perspective. According to Allstateâ€™s 2015 Best Drivers Report, here are the five best and worst driving cities in the US.
5 Best CitiesÂ
- Kansas City, Kansas.Â Heartland drivers, take heart! Drivers in Kansas City, Kansas are 8 percent less likely to get in an accident than the national average. This is a major upset for Fort Collins, Colorado, which snagged the top spot in both 2013 and 2014 but dropped to fourth safest in this yearâ€™s study.
- Brownsville, Texas.Â 5 percent less likely.
- Boise, Idaho.Â 5 percent less likely.
- Fort Collins, Colorado. 1Â percent less likely.
- Cape Coral, Florida.Â 21 percent less likely.
5 Worst Cities
- Boston, Massachusetts.Â There must be something in the water up in Massachusetts. Worcester won the worst city title last year, ending Washington D.C.â€™s six-year streak. Boston was the second worst in 2014, and Springfield came in fourth. But Beantown managed to knock Worcester into second place this year with an appalling new statistic: Boston drivers are 7 percent more likely to have a collision than the national average!
- Worcester, Massachusetts.Â 7 percent more likely.
- Baltimore, Maryland.Â 9 percent more likely.
- Washington, D.C.Â 3 percent more likely.
- Springfield, Massachusetts.Â 1 percent more likely.
Even if you donâ€™t live in Massachusetts, auto insurance is a must. To ensure that youâ€™re getting the protection you need without overspending, contact SelectQuote Auto & Home today. In addition to providing unbiased coverage advice based on your geographic location, your personal SelectQuote Auto & Home agent will comparison shop several leading car insurance companies for your best price. To find out more, visit SelectQuoteAutoandHome.com or call 1-888-236-8444 today.